Happy Friday, ya’ll! The Lord has really placed the importance of Sabbath on my heart lately. I know that I’ve blogged about the importance of taking a Sabbath before, and now I want to give you some of the guidelines I follow for myself in order to have a fun, relaxing, and rejuvenating Sabbath. I’ve recently learned that a Sabbath day isn’t just a day to be lazy, but it’s a day of celebration. It’s a day to look forward to and even “treat yo’self”! On my Sabbath day, which is Saturday, I don’t always just stay in my pajamas all day and sip coffee (which is one of my favorite things to do) I do things that are fun and that I wouldn’t always do during a typical “work day”. Here’s a list of things I cut out and implement on my Saturday Sabbath day.
- No calorie counting (It sounds awful, but lately I have been monitoring my calories on a daily basis. Ew, I know.)
- No social media.
- No emailing or checking emails.
- No laundry or cleaning. (whoop whoop)
- No babysitting. (Sorry, parents.)
- No lesson planning. (I’m a preschool teacher.)
Now, here’s a list of my favorite things to do on my Sabbath day.
- Be with family and friends.
- Go to parties/gatherings.
- Do fun things like going to movies, plays, dinners, etc.
- Binge reading.
- Binge writing.
- TV watching. (Ya’ll know I had to put Netflix somewhere on this list.)
- TREATING MYSELF – Because Sabbath is a CELEBRATION!
Now, your list doesn’t have to look anything like mine. You have to figure out what your day of rest looks like to you and remember to celebrate!